New in 4.7
- Precise text rendering and measurement on all windows canvases:
now text has the same layouot in GDI, GDI+, DX and Skia canvaces on screen and printer and doesn't depend on scaling.
- Skia canvas for VCL.
- PDF export using Skia canvas - works from any canvas, not only Skia
- OpenGL canvas - useful for fast rendering of very large SVG (don't use as default canvas - it requires window handle).
- GDI canvas: improved graphics rendering speed.
- CSS var() support.
- function htmlpars.GetHTMLEncoding - determine codepage of HTML (TBytes).
- function for converting stylesheet to dark theme - TCSSStyleSheet.LighttoDark
- Support for UTF8 encoded inline SVG images.
- Optimized SVG paths seialization (smaller size)
- Optimized drawing of large SVG
- Support for individual glyph positioning in SVG text (DX attribute).
- THtCustomPath: CurveTo record now do not have initial point, all curves are defined by 3 points.
- HtPanel/Editor: support for horizontal mouse wheel
- HtPanel/Editor: Smooth scrolling in both direction
- HtPanel/Editor: Fast zoom in / zoom out in OpenGL canvas.
- Library now contains fastest native blur implementation (10-50 times faster than other). See htcanvas.FastBlur()
- Fast Base64Encode function (5-10 times faster than standard): htutils.Base64EncodeNoLF()
- THtBitmapData bitness conversion and masking methods are optimized using SIMD, f.e. Convert24to32.
- TSVGElement has GetStats methods for retrieving number of primitives, points, etc.
- Added support for system colors from CSS 4 color module: canvas, canvastext, field, fieldtext, etc.
- Bitmap images are now supported in GDI+, DX and Skia canvases.
- FontAwesome is upgraded to version 6.4. Now it contains regular (fa) and solid (fa-solid) icons.
- Support for CSS variables.
- Optimized displaying of documents containing many SVG images - like converted PDF documents (2000+ pages).
- Support for outlined and filled text (SVG).
- Support for relative image paths ('.\..')
- Improved flexbox layout.
- THtImageConverter now have CanvasClass propery - used in HTMLtoPNG conversion.
- HtPanel: OnScroll event
- New core classes documentation - /docs/HTML Library.chm/pdf
- New demos - MapView, Blur, Skia
- Words suggestions/prediction while typing - see Words prediction section in Editor manual.
- New icons in context toolbar.
- Context and selection toolbars has acrylic background.
- All toolbars (selection, spellcheck) can be closed by pressing Esc.
- Add/edit image button in context toolbar
- Copy image button in selection toolbar
- Print preview button in context toolbar
- Add Symbol button in context toolbar.
- Spellcheck button in context toolbar.
- Windows ISpell implementation - htspellwin unit. Simply add it to uses list for spellcheking and word correction.
- Inline word correction - click on misspelled word to see suggestions.
- Windows spellecher is also used for autocorrection, suggection selection is based on Levenshtein distance.
Cancelled autocorrections are remembered - words are added to exceptions list.
- Inline image cropping - use shift + resize handles
Reports and Scripts
- New preview window for VCL and FMX (OSX, Linux) - float toolbar, smooth scroll and zoom, page selection and reorder,
text search, text editing and moving.
- Preview window store its maximized/normal state and position for normal state even when maximized.
- Support for var parameters of all types.
- Fixed repeat - until bug.
- Default indexed properties now workind for object proprties, f.e. property Strings: TStringList; Obj.Strings[i] := 'test';
- Script can have own debugger instance